Artychoking

Em busca de alcachofras. A blog by Pedro Nunes

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

I was having a tuna sandwich when something went wrong and all of a sudden I was sucked into space. I found myself in the distant galaxy of Valpolicela (no relation) and am using this device to send signals to my earthbound comrades. Because I am confused I often pretend to be Spiff the intergalactic explorer extraordinaire. When I am bored I collect artichokes, therefore the name of this blog.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friends on MySpace

While I intend to create my own page on MySpace soon, I should let you know of my fellow musician mates who have their music available in their own page. Suspicious as I may sound, I think they are pretty good.
Zoey Van Goey is a band based in Glasgow which is composed of my former PhD colleague at Stirling Uni, Matt Brennan (also kick-ass drummer with the Distractions), Kim Moore and Michael John McCarthy. They swap instruments, play low-fi alternative folk and are newcomers in the always thriving Glasgow live circuit.
The aptly named Ben & the Immigrants are a band based in Stirling whose members come from different places in Europe but eventually got together while studying at Stirling Uni. They play rock with an indie edge and have in Ben Jones an excellent singer and frontman.
Last but not least, I don't know Leila Arab personally - she was a member of Bjork's live act for a while and released the excellent "Like Weather" album in 1998. But she speaks to me through her atonal, fragmented and very intuitive approach to electronica. We haven't heard from her for ages but she's back on MySpace with a great new track called "Leadwonka", a spooky rendition of "Norwegian Wood" and a new album in sight. Taste it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wei said...

Hoho Pedro, I suppose I have told you how I started my blog. Have I? First, I just want to be added to the friend list of a young porn star, so I started a personal profile page on MySpace and decided to maintain a blog. Then because the blog interface on MySpace really sucks, I turned to Blogger. This is my story. Why would you like to do MySpace?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Nunes said...

Wei, starting a blog because of a porn star sounds just about right...
I will be launching my myspace page soon because I want to upload my music there. Maybe I will send it to Lexi Belle beforehand for a valuable opinion.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home