Artychoking

Em busca de alcachofras. A blog by Pedro Nunes

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

I was having a tuna sandwich when something went wrong and all of a sudden I was sucked into space. I found myself in the distant galaxy of Valpolicela (no relation) and am using this device to send signals to my earthbound comrades. Because I am confused I often pretend to be Spiff the intergalactic explorer extraordinaire. When I am bored I collect artichokes, therefore the name of this blog.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Fim de tarde em Williamsburg


Williamsburg é um antigo bairro de Judeus na parte Oeste de Brooklyn, agora dominado por uma população jovem com ambições artísticas (os chamados "hipsters"). Tem ruas cheias de cafés, restaurantes e galerias/oficinas de arte e um parque onde ao fim da tarde se pode apreciar os habitantes do bairro a espraiarem-se na relva, a jogar futebol ou futebol americano. Da minha passagem pelo bairro destaco também a loja de discos Earwax e o sublime (a todos os níveis) restaurante Planet Thailand que serve comida Tailandesa e Japonesa e tem quadros e fotografias de artistas locais, temporariamente expostos, enriquecendo os nossos sentidos para além da experiência gastronómica.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wei said...

Unbelievable, you've been to Williamsburg. That's actually where I've just been in April; that's where my sister and mum live.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Nunes said...

It is a very nice neighbourhood. I have decided that if I ever get cured from my nasty illness I will leave everything behind and live there.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home